I will be giving a presentation on SQL Server Encryption through MSSQLTips. It’s at 3 PM EDT on July 9, 2015.
You can register through the MSSQLTips.com page for the webinar.
This sign-up page will allow you to sign up for multiple future webinars.
A rough outline of the presentation:
Data in the Database
- The case for partial encryption (some data unencrypted)
- The datatypes we use for encrypted data
- The options available and who can see decrypted data
- How we use SQL Server’s built-in functionality
- Addressing Performance Issues
Encrypting the Whole Database (Transparent Data Encryption)
- How it works
- What you need to make it work
- How do you handle recovery / disaster recovery
- Don’t wait until after it’s written to disk
- TDE to the rescue
- Encrypted backups in SQL Server 2014
- Don’t reject 3rd party products
Encrypting Connections to SQL Server
- The options
- What about POODLE?
- What about IPSEC?